Would you like to have your book finished, ready and in front of publishers in six months’ time?
Something that we take great pleasure in here at the Kate Nash Literary Agency is nurturing new voices, and in 2024 we will be taking on up to eight aspiring authors writing adult fiction, in our own programme, the BookCamp Mentorships 2024, to help these writers bring their ideas to fruition and publication.
Successful applicants will receive representation from our agency, and a full support programme to help you bring your unfinished work-in-progress to ready-to-submit completion within the six months of the mentorship.
Over six months, from February 2024 through to September our mentees will receive:
- Representation at the Kate Nash Literary Agency
- Feedback and editorial support so your manuscript is ready to share with publishers
- A programme of online talks sharing industry knowledge
- Regular one-to-one meetings with a literary agent, to discuss progress and help shape your work
- An evaluation of your outline for film and TV potential
We want this to be a mentorship to help you achieve your goals and take your manuscript to completion and ready to pitch to top publishers.
How to Apply
Send us the first 25,000 words of your work-in-progress, along with a 1-2 page synopsis and introductory letter, in one Word document. Closing date: 11.59 pm BST 31st December 2023. In your letter, tell us about yourself, where your book would sit in a bookshop and what you hope to get out of our programme.
We will be reading all your submissions in January and mentorship places will be offered at the start of February.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You may apply if you have been published or self-published or submitted to our agency before. You cannot apply if you are already represented by a literary agency.
- Your 25,000 words must all be your own original work and the opening to a complete or near complete manuscript that is wholly your own original work.
- One application per person only.
- The mentorships are for writers of adult fiction. Applications that fall outside this will not be read.
- We are sorry we will be unable to provide individual feedback on your application if you are unsuccessful.
- Writing samples and synopses should be sent in as one Word document only. PDFs and other formats may not be accepted.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “#BookCamp 2024 Application” in the email subject line.
- You must include your legal name, home address and a contact telephone number with your entry. Applications sent in under a pen name or without full contact details provided may be not be read.
- There are no costs or charges associated with this mentoring scheme. Successful applicants will be offered a representation agreement on the same terms as all authors represented by Kate Nash Literary Agency.