Would you like to have your book finished, ready and in front of publishers in six months time?
Something that we take great pleasure in here at the Kate Nash Literary Agency is nurturing new voices, from supporting the RNA bursary programme to our regular regional open days and our involvement with many different festivals and events.
To further this aim, we will be taking on up to six aspiring authors writing adult fiction or narrative non-fiction, in our own programme, the BookCamp Mentorships 2020, to help these writers bring their ideas to fruition and publication.
We are looking for writing that transports us out of our isolation. Writing that gives us access to experiences and places currently beyond our reach. We want to meet your irresistible characters, and to walk in your worlds. If you’re writing non-fiction, we want to feel informed yet entertained, to come out of your narrative feeling like the world is a bigger place than it did when we went in. We want to be left yearning for more.
Successful applicants will receive representation from our agency, and a full support programme to help you bring your unfinished work-in-progress to completion.
Over six months, from September 2020 through to the following March, our mentees will receive:
- Representation at the Kate Nash Literary Agency
- Feedback and editorial support to help you bring your manuscript to completion
- A programme of workshops and round tables sharing industry knowledge and writing craft tips
- Regular one-to-one meetings with a literary agent, to discuss progress and help shape your work
- An evaluation of your outline for film and TV potential
We want this to be a mentorship to help you achieve your goals and take your partial manuscript to completion and ready to pitch to top publishers.
How to apply
Send us the first 15-20,000 words of your work-in-progress, along with a 1-2 page synopsis and introductory letter, in one Word document. Closing date: 11.59 pm BST 1st July 2020. In your letter, tell us about yourself, where your book would sit in a bookshop and what you hope to get out of our programme.
We will be reading all your submissions throughout the summer and mentorship places will be offered by the 1st September 2020.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You may apply if you have been published or self-published or submitted to our agency before. You cannot apply if you are already represented by a literary agency.
- Your 15,000-20,000 words must all be your own original work and the opening to an unfinished work-in-progress.
- One application per person only.
- The mentorships are for writers of adult fiction and narrative non-fiction. Applications that fall outside these will not be read.
- We are sorry we will be unable to provide individual feedback on your application if you are unsuccessful.
- Writing samples and synopses should be sent in as one Word document only. PDFs and other formats may not be accepted.
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “#BookCamp application” in the email subject line.
- You must include your legal name, home address and a contact telephone number with your entry. Applications sent in under a pen name or without full contact details provided may be not be read.
- There are no costs or charges associated with this mentoring scheme.